Health Information Resources
Health and Wellness
This section is designed to be a gateway to resources on health and wellness, both in the library and on the internet. A grant from the National Library of Medicine made possible the purchase of new library materials, the support of several workshops, and the impetus for this page’s development.
DVDS AT LUMMI LIBRARY
- Cry for Help
- Easy Yoga for Easing Pain
- Games of the North
- Good Meat
- Healing and the Mind
- If You Have Diabetes: Comprehensive Guide for Life
- In Our Own Voice
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Arthritis
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Back Pain
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Diabetes
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Heart Health
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for High Blood Pressure
- Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Weight Loss
- Medicine Wheel and 12 Steps for Men
- Medicine Wheel and 12 Steps for Women
- More Yoga for the Rest of Us
- Native American Healing in the 21st Century
- Seasoned with Spirit: Return of the Buffalo
- Seasoned with Spirit: Bounty of the River’s Edge
- Seasoned with Spirit: Food upon the Water
- Seasoned with Spirit: Cuisine of the Desert Southwest
- Seasoned with Spirit: Gulf Coast Originals
- Sit and Be Fit: Easy Fitness for Seniors
- Walking into the Unknown
- Yoga for the Rest of Us: A Step-by-Step Yoga Workout Yoga for the Rest of Us: Back Care Basics
E-BOOKS AT THE LUMMI LIBRARY
The library has purchased electronic books from two different vendors, and they work in different ways.
Credo Reference provides access to reference materials which cannot be downloaded or checked out in their entirety, but are useful for looking up information online.
A list of titles in this collection with the subject “Medicine” can be found here.
EBSCOhost provides access to reference and other materials many of which can be downloaded and “checked out” for seven days.
A list of titles purchased for this project can be found here.
The EBSCO Ebook Users’ Guide can be found here.
Both collections cover many other topics as well.
You must be a registered patron of the Lummi Library to access these resources; contact the library here.
Health Resources Links
SITES WITH AN AMERICAN INDIAN, ALASKA NATIVE, OR NATIVE HAWAIIAN FOCUS:
SITES FOR SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OR PURPOSES:
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- National Diabetes Association
- American Cancer Society
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- National Institute on Aging
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Injury and Violence Prevention and Control
- Healthy Children from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Health and Education
- Genetics Home Reference